- Memory: PC and MAC users should have 512MB of RAM or greater.
- Operating System: PC users should use Windows XP or Windows 2000. The UH-SACS Web site has not been tested under the new Windows Vista operating system, and therefore we provide limited assistance. Macintosh users should have Macintosh OS X 10.4.x (Tiger), 10.3.x (Panther).
- Internet Connection: For accessing online documentation, internet speed connection of 54 Mbps or higher is recommended.
- Browser: For best results, PC users should use Internet Explorer version 6.x or above. Firefox and Mozilla browsers are also supported for both PC and Macintosh users. The UH-SACS Web site has not been tested under the Netscape and Safari browsers, and therefore we provide limited assistance on these.
- Documentation Formats: Online documentation is available in HTML and PDF format. Files with the following icon or any other Portable Document Format (PDF) files require Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of this software can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Printing Electronic Documentation
Adjust your "Page Setup" left margin and right margin to be 0.2 inches. If a "Printable Version" link or a print icon () is available in the Web page you are trying to print, use this option. If the printout is off-margins when selecting portrait (default) page orientation, select landscape in your browser printing options.
For the best viewing capability, computers should be set with a screen resolution of 800 x 600 or greater.
To set the resolution on a PC:
To set the resolution on a MAC:
- Click the “Start” button located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scroll to “Settings.”
- Click “Control Panel.”
- Click “Display.”
- Click the tab for “Settings.”
- Under “Screen Area,” slide to adjust to 800 x 600 or higher.
- Go to “Systems Preferences.”
- Click “Displays.”
- Choose the correct resolution.
- Close the box